Today is Pi Day so I decided to plot out the Scriblerians by pie charts. Not as yummy as my cherry pie, but it is kind of fun and I learned a few things along the way.
1. We’re all “oldly-weds” we’ve been married anywhere from 15 to 39 years.
2. We love kids. We all have children. Some are still at home while others are grown. Two Scriblerians are grandparents.
3. We like pets with both cats and dogs being popular in our homes. Several Scriblerians have one or more of both.
4. We live all over the place in the United States, and have two Canadian members.
5. We’ve been writing for a while. Our original group formed about 3.5 years ago, and we solidified just after the 2013 ACFW Conference. Many have been writing much longer, some with hiatuses of varying lengths.
6. We all write for “non-adults” of all ages but we’re a Venn diagram of overlapping genres. While we all write somewhere along the Middle Grade (MG) to Young Adult (YA)/New Adult spectrum, we have branched out in multiple directions writing literary speculative, fantasy, historical, contemporary, fictionalized memoirs, and women’s fiction.
7. We all have publishing credits from articles and short stories to full length novels. You can click here to browse our titles. Loraine is also a published illustrator, and Beth has a successful abstinence-themed blog. Two of our writers are agented. Most of us have at least one contest placement/win including three 2013 Genesis finalists. Much of our success has come since within the past two years.
There you have it. A slice of Scriblerian statistics.
Happy Pie Day! 3.14.15 9:26